*Lead time: 7 to 12 working days.
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Comp Alloy Bike (SX Eagle)
The all-new Nukeproof Reactor is named after their 1996 original, but that's where the similarity ends. This exceptional 29er features a trail-focussed suspension platform, advanced kinematics and a superb components spec, so you attack even the most daring trails with confidence and style.
Ride Technical Trails and Steep Descents with Confidence
Nukeproof designed this new Reactor from the ground up to be as confidence-inspiring on the most technical trails as it is on the steepest descents, where it guides you down the most demanding routes with ease. Its frame is engineered with a hydro-formed tube set and carbon seat stays, which ensure responsive and playful handling, with efficient and stable tracking over any terrain challenge. Also, its low weight and advanced suspension-setup enable it to smooth out the roughest routes and maintain speed and control, so you can focus on the ride.
SRAM SX 1x12 Drivetrain, Guide T Brakes and RockShox Suspension
Built to house the latest tech and spec within its arsenal, this trail-blaster features the superb performing SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain from SRAM, "flip-chip" adjustable suspension geometry and RockShox suspension to perfectly compliment the build. Featuring 140mm of travel from RockShox Revelation RC forks and 130mm from a Super Deluxe shock rear shock, this ride is born to pop over trail features, roost berms and launch from trail to trail with control, traction, and poise. Plus, this bike is equipped with an aftermarket-quality finishing kit from Nukeproof, rolls on Sun Ringle wheels wrapped in Maxxis tyres and has a Brand-X dropper seatpost for additional comfort.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy, 130mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chainstays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, custom-tuned rear shock, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Revelation RC 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select R, Custom ML Tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Front Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 29", 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 29", Shimano Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: SRAM SX Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, Powerspline
- Shifter: SRAM SX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM SX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM SX Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1210 EAGLE 11-50T
- Brakes: SRAM Guide T
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, grey
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M/L:150mm drop; XL: 170mm Drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for riders who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate gives it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.