Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Mountain Bike Frame
The Reactor takes its name from the original 1996 Nukeproof model but a lot of time has passed, and a lot has changed in terms of performance. The all-new Nukeproof Reactor 290 rolls on 29” wheels while the Reactor 275 rolls on 27,5" wheels and has epic tyre clearance to accept tyre widths up to 2.6”. This modern trail-riding marvel takes aggressive-MTB riding sessioning to new levels as it powers you up and down the steepest terrains with the utmost control.
Modern Geometry and Trail-Optimised Suspension Platform
With top-level engineering and advanced suspension kinematics at its core, this innovative Reactor features an alloy construction, modern geometry and a fantastic suspension-platform to efficiently get you to your goal. This rides trail-focussed suspension setup handles aggressive riding styles, tames daring terrain, and glides across trail chatter while finding traction in all riding situations.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290/275 Alloy, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Fork Travel: 140mm (29")/150mm (27,5")
- Axle to Crown: 554mm (29")/545mm (27,5")
- Fork Offset: 51mm (29")/46mm (27,5")
- Shock Travel: 130mm (29")/140mm (27,5")
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Shock Size: 210x50mm (29")/210x55mm (27,5")
- Shock Hardware F: 25x8mm
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
- Bearings: 2x NP-5 (6902 2RS), 4x NP-7 (6800 2RS), 4x NP-106 (6901 2RS)
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 34.9mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM Maxle Stealth M12x1.75 180mm
- Chain Guide Mount: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 180mm Direct Post
- Internal cable routing
- Enduro Bearings
- Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- 3D contoured frame protection
- 2 position adjustable Flip chip system
- Weight: 3.66kgs (Including shock)
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.