Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon Mountain Bike Frame
The Nukeproof Mega 290 frame features an optimized design for max performance with large 29” wheels. It also is engineered to ensure superb tyre clearance and its modern geometry gives greater race-ready performance than anything else on the market. Inspired by its competition dominating 27.5” sibling that blasted the current Enduro Champion Sam Hill to victory two years running, this frame design rolls faster and with more stability than you have ever experienced.
Enhanced Geometry for Greater Comfort, Speed and Control
Pushing performance and leading the sport with innovation, Nukeproof has slackened this rides head angle and steepened the seat angle for increased climbing and descending efficiency and control. They also enhanced the suspension kinematic-performance for immense performance over even the roughest terrains. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Lightweight and Ultra-Reliable Carbon Fibre Construction
Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding race conditions.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 0/1 bottomless tokens but the shock comes with 2 tokens fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS
- Internal cable routing
- Enduro Bearings
- Fork Travel: 170mm (RS 180mm)
- Axle to Crown: 582mm (RS 591mm)
- Fork Offset: 44mm
- Shock Travel: 160mm
- Wheels Size: 29"
- Max Tyre Size: 2.5"
- Shock Size: 230x62.5mm
- Shock Hardware F: 25x8mm
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
- Bearings Required: 2x NP-5 (6902 2RS), 4x NP-7 (6800 2RS), 4x NP-9 (61802-2RS1 EXTENDED)
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub Spacing: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM Maxle Stealth M12x1.75 180mm
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 160mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS