Nukeproof Nukeproof Dissent 275 DH Frame
With racing in its DNA, the lower weight and increased suspension performance of this Dissent frame comes from being developed and tested in conjunction with the world’s fastest racers. The new Dissent platform shares some similarities with Nukeproof's Pulse at first glance, but by digging a little deeper it impresses in quite different ways.
New and Improved Nukeproof Frame
A simplified design, to drop the weight and increase the front triangle stiffness, and a more progressive leverage rate for increased mid stroke-support, makes the bike pump better, sit higher in the travel, improve stability in corners and improve the liveliness of the ride. The most obvious structural change is an all-new suspension design.
In a move away from the Fallout Linkage, the Dissent's rocker link is now positioned on the outside of the seat tube, rather than tucked inside a clam shell as before. This reduces the frame weight while increasing the front triangle stiffness at the same time.
The suspension platform now uses a push, rather than a pull link, helping to reduce the loads and stresses on the frame, saving further weight and improving durability. The result of this is a frame which weighs over 400g lighter than the Pulse.
The Dissent platform was originally conceived by Nukeproof's engineers as a concept to test several progression curve theories at once. However, in turning the theory into reality, it created something much better than expected, and the prototype won on its international debut at Crankworx festival’s Garbanzo Downhill race with Sam Hill.
Low-Weighted, High-Performance, Alloy Suspension Frame
It is not uncommon for different World Cup riders to want a slightly different characteristic to one another, depending on factors such as their riding style and whether they run flat pedals or not. The Dissent takes this into account with an adjustable main pivot flip-chip, designed to essentially work like a bottomless token for a coil shock. It also offers riders the choice of four main pivot positions, which alter how progressive the suspension is.
Cleverly, the geometry and travel do not change between positions. (Note: The sag difference between each setting is around 1% so you should not need a different spring rate.)
The Main pivot flip-chips are fast and simple to change and give a tailored factory set up for every rider. Further custom tuning can be done via our new three-position adjustable chainstay features interchangeable dropout inserts. The chainstay flip-chips allow you to alter the wheelbase by 5-10mm depending on the type of track you’re riding, your height or riding style.
Other standout features of the frame include:
- Custom tuned rear shock configuration
- Internal cable routing
- Enduro Bearings
- Threaded, 83mm BB
- Boost 157mm rear axle spacing
- 3D-contoured frame protection
- Three-stage Dissent linkage
- 4-position adjustable linkage progression chip system
- 3-position adjustable chainstay length
The combination of frame adaptability, a custom hydro formed 6061 aluminium tube set, a confidence inspiring 63-degree head angle and 190mm (29")/200mm (27,5") of travel from the new Dissent platform make this bike the privateers dream. The centrally-positioned shock and linkage system ensure optimum handling while other features include a true 1.5” head tube, ISCG 05 mounts and a 157mm x 12mm rear axle to keep things stable at the rear.
- Frame: Nukeproof Dissent 275 Alloy, Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium. 200mm(27,5")/190mm (29") rear travel.
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC, Custom ML Tune, Bearing End, Red Coil Spring.
- Fork Travel: 200mm
- Headset: Nukeproof, 49IITS
- Axle to Crown: 585mm(27,5")/604mm(29")
- Fork Offset: 46mm(27,5")/56mm(29")
- Maximum Tyre Size: 2.5"
- Shock Size: 250x75mm(27,5")/ 250x70mm(29")
- Shock Hardware: Front: 25x8mm; Rear: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 49mm Semi-Integrated
- Seatpost: 30.9mm
- Seat Clamp: 34.9mm
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded, 83mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 157x12mm
- Rear Axle: Nukeproof M12x1.75 198mm
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 200mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS
- Weight: 3.95kg(27,5") (without shock)/3.95kg(29") (without shock)